If you need to remove your Acer bios password from your Travelmate 3290, then follow this guide.
Please note: This bypass procedure is similar for most Travelmate machines but it would be a good idea to consult a repair manual to check the exact details for your model first. Also, there are some basic precautions you should take when working on your laptop, have a quick look at some points to note in our general laptop repair guide.
1. Disconnect the power supply and the battery.
2. Unplug and remove the keyboard.
3. In between the video chip and the keyboard connector you will see a set of 4 dip switches (circled in yellow in the picture above).
4. Move switch 1 ,up.
5. Re-start the laptop and press Ctrl+F2 simultaneously as it boots, this will get you into the BIOS.
6. Set the BIOS password to disable and press Enter.
7. The machine will ask you if you want to Exit and Save the Changes, click Yes.
8. It will then boot into Windows. Re-start the computer and if there is no password then you can proceed to step 9. If there is still a BIOS password then you must repeat steps 1-8 until the password is removed.
9. Back at the mainboard, push the switch at the number 1 slot down, back to its original position.
10. Re-start the laptop.
11. The Acer BIOS password should now have been removed and the machine should now boot straight into Windows.